cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum group size

Ameet_Lakhani
New Contributor
New Contributor

I know the minimum group size is 9 direct reports for managers insights. A customer asked why that number had been decided. Is there any research or explanation that you can point me to so I can send it to them?

Also why are leaders insights then set as 5 as the minimum?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jake_Caddes

Hi @Ameet_Lakhani, that is a good question. The reason why Leader Insights has a minimum group size of 5 is because to set up Leader Insights you have to assign a specific Viva role: Analyst Limited. This role grants a person access to the homepage dashboard on the web app @ wpa.office.com, so when they set up Leader Insights on the MSFT Teams app they will see data about the entire organization. Leader insights in the My organization page | Microsoft Docs

The minimum group size for setting up Viva is 5 employees. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/viva/insights/use/privacy-settings#minimum-group-size 

Manager Insights is set at 10 employees to preserve employee privacy, as a manager sees collaboration data from their direct and indirect reports. You can learn more here: My team in Viva Insights | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jake_Caddes

Hi @Ameet_Lakhani, that is a good question. The reason why Leader Insights has a minimum group size of 5 is because to set up Leader Insights you have to assign a specific Viva role: Analyst Limited. This role grants a person access to the homepage dashboard on the web app @ wpa.office.com, so when they set up Leader Insights on the MSFT Teams app they will see data about the entire organization. Leader insights in the My organization page | Microsoft Docs

The minimum group size for setting up Viva is 5 employees. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/viva/insights/use/privacy-settings#minimum-group-size 

Manager Insights is set at 10 employees to preserve employee privacy, as a manager sees collaboration data from their direct and indirect reports. You can learn more here: My team in Viva Insights | Microsoft Docs