cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a forum for Viva Learning equivalent to this?

RobOK
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've posted a few on Tech Community but not gotten answers yet. I have some questions about Viva Learning.

Thanks,
Rob.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Yes, but at the moment I don't know another thread for Viva Learning. It's a part of Viva so I'll answer your questions here :).

• You'll have 125 selected LinkedIn Learning courses. The learning source Microsoft Learn and M365 Training are also included. I think the 125 free LinkedIn courses wouldn't change every month.
  • As manager you can recommend a course to individuals and you can track the status of each one. The recomendee has to update progress be it self via drop down status field.
  • You can bookmark or create a link for courses. What do you mean with "... but not on Teams Viva Learning"?
  • You can store your own training material in a SharePoint library called "Learning App Content Repository". In the M365 admin center under Settings > Org settings you can define your SharePoint Site Collection where you store your learning content. Actually Viva Learning supports the following document Types: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, Audio (.m4a) and Video (.mov, .mp4, .avi). 

Hope this helps :). Are your questions answered? Anything else?

View solution in original post

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

This are really good questions.

You'll find the information on the following links: Introduction to Microsoft Viva Learning | Microsoft Docs ; Viva Learning (microsoft.com).

• Regarding course list: I don't know but I try to find it out.
  • Set Manager (you mean manage a course?): I think a manager like you mean doesn't exist. The only role I know is the knowledge admin role.
    Every one can recommend a course and track the status of every invited person at the manage tab. You need Premium Viva Learning license to do that. More details you'll find here: Recommend and manage content in Viva Learning (microsoft.com)
  • Bookmark questions: I haven't noticed that. This could be a integration limitation or issue. I look forward to find an answer.
  • Create a structured class with units and quizzes: At the moment Viva Learning has not really a function like that. May you need an LMS system to do this, which you connect to Viva Learning. The only thing I know, which comes similar like that is"featured set". As Admin you can feature content in the top banner in the Viva Learning Home view for your organization, or even for targeted groups. Write a product idea for this here: Product ideas - Microsoft Viva Insights Community

Is this good for you?

Jake_Caddes

Hi @RobOK, here are the answers to your questions, let me know if you need anymore clarification.

• We don't currently have a list of the 125 free courses, but we're working on including in-product tagging to show which LiL courses are included.
  • Yes, any employee (manager, etc.) can view reported completion progress on learning content that they recommend to others.
  • You can bookmark courses to save them for later viewing, but not course topics.
  • Admins can connect a SharePoint folder from the organization to Viva Learning in the admin center. Files that are populated in the folder are then converted to learning content in Viva Learning. So if the admin sets up a SP folder connection to Viva Learning, they can add the PPT trainings to that folder to incorporate into Viva Learning. More info: Add SharePoint as a learning content source for Microsoft Viva Learning | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for pointing that out Rob, I'll reach out to let them know. 

As far your last question, unfortunately, we don't have that functionality to custom build a learning course/competency check. 

10 REPLIES 10

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@RobOK can you share your questions? 

Sure! These could be separate threads and don't have anything to do with Viva Insights, which is why i was asking if there is a similar place for Viva Learning. I am not sure why Insights gets its own forum and Learning does not? but here goes:

• What are the 100 free courses? will the same ones stay free or do they change month to month?
  • Can a company manager see the progress employees have made?
  • Can we create links or bookmarks into specific course topics? (this works on LinkedIn Learning but not on Teams Viva Learning)
  • What formats of our own developed training can be used? How do we develop? Currently we have a series of PowerPoint trainings, how do we best incorporate them?

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Yes, but at the moment I don't know another thread for Viva Learning. It's a part of Viva so I'll answer your questions here :).

• You'll have 125 selected LinkedIn Learning courses. The learning source Microsoft Learn and M365 Training are also included. I think the 125 free LinkedIn courses wouldn't change every month.
  • As manager you can recommend a course to individuals and you can track the status of each one. The recomendee has to update progress be it self via drop down status field.
  • You can bookmark or create a link for courses. What do you mean with "... but not on Teams Viva Learning"?
  • You can store your own training material in a SharePoint library called "Learning App Content Repository". In the M365 admin center under Settings > Org settings you can define your SharePoint Site Collection where you store your learning content. Actually Viva Learning supports the following document Types: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, Audio (.m4a) and Video (.mov, .mp4, .avi). 

Hope this helps :). Are your questions answered? Anything else?

Thanks Manuel! Are your answers from Microsoft, do you have a good link? 

• On the course list, there is a posted list in Tech Community, but half of them don't work. Where is the list of 125 from microsoft? How do we find them?
  • We are currently in the Free plan, how do i set a Manager? in Admin?
  • For the bookmark question, see the screenshots attached, first Teams Viva Learning where there are no links, and then LIL where there are (same course). Linking into one sppecific unit would be helpful
  • On the training format, i should have said what formats beyond Office documents and videos - in other words how do we create a structured class with units and quizzes?

THANKS!

RobOK_0-1636552638883.png

RobOK_1-1636552951680.png

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

This are really good questions.

You'll find the information on the following links: Introduction to Microsoft Viva Learning | Microsoft Docs ; Viva Learning (microsoft.com).

• Regarding course list: I don't know but I try to find it out.
  • Set Manager (you mean manage a course?): I think a manager like you mean doesn't exist. The only role I know is the knowledge admin role.
    Every one can recommend a course and track the status of every invited person at the manage tab. You need Premium Viva Learning license to do that. More details you'll find here: Recommend and manage content in Viva Learning (microsoft.com)
  • Bookmark questions: I haven't noticed that. This could be a integration limitation or issue. I look forward to find an answer.
  • Create a structured class with units and quizzes: At the moment Viva Learning has not really a function like that. May you need an LMS system to do this, which you connect to Viva Learning. The only thing I know, which comes similar like that is"featured set". As Admin you can feature content in the top banner in the Viva Learning Home view for your organization, or even for targeted groups. Write a product idea for this here: Product ideas - Microsoft Viva Insights Community

Is this good for you?

RobOK
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm not sure who is marking everything as a solution. It gives the impression that my questions have been answered, when they have not. (Manuel is being very helpful but he does not have official answers from Microsoft).

• What are the 125 free courses? will the same ones stay free or do they change month to month? NOT answered
  • Can a company manager see the progress employees have made?
  • Can we create links or bookmarks into specific course topics? (this works on LinkedIn Learning but not on Teams Viva Learning) NOT answered
  • What formats of our own developed training can be used? How do we develop? Currently we have a series of PowerPoint trainings, how do we best incorporate them? Partially answered. While i asked about PowerPoint, what i meant and clarified is that i want to have modules and quizes and progress -- can we develop basic courses that have a flow with Viva Learning?

Most importantly my Original Post was whether there is anyplace to get support for Viva Learning - is the answer to that NO?

Jake_Caddes

Hi @RobOK, here are the answers to your questions, let me know if you need anymore clarification.

• We don't currently have a list of the 125 free courses, but we're working on including in-product tagging to show which LiL courses are included.
  • Yes, any employee (manager, etc.) can view reported completion progress on learning content that they recommend to others.
  • You can bookmark courses to save them for later viewing, but not course topics.
  • Admins can connect a SharePoint folder from the organization to Viva Learning in the admin center. Files that are populated in the folder are then converted to learning content in Viva Learning. So if the admin sets up a SP folder connection to Viva Learning, they can add the PPT trainings to that folder to incorporate into Viva Learning. More info: Add SharePoint as a learning content source for Microsoft Viva Learning | Microsoft Docs

Thanks Jake. Someone posted on Tech Community the purported list of 125 classes, but only some of them work. You might want to post there and let them know its not the real list.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/viva-learning/list-of-125-linkedin-learning-courses/m-p/28001...

On the last point, I keep trying to ask a different question. I get that I can plop PPTs into a folder. I am asking can i make a COURSE with TOPICS and QUIZZES and COMPLETION PROGRESS in Viva Learning? What structure can I give the learning material? I think the answer is none, but just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for pointing that out Rob, I'll reach out to let them know. 

As far your last question, unfortunately, we don't have that functionality to custom build a learning course/competency check. 

Manuel_Egele
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@RobOK, now you can find a documentation about the available LinkedIn Learning courses for Viva Learning: Free courses from LinkedIn Learning | Microsoft Docs