cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing organization data has failed, unable to refresh.

itbriosclu
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

WpA org data upload error.png

We have been dealing with recurring failures when loading organizational data in WpA for 3 months now, once the error occurs the "gray button" is disabled and we have to raise a support case to Microsoft. Usually it takes weeks until it is solved and in a few weeks our Admins face the same issue again.

**I'm wondering if any other company is having this issue & if is there any solution from the PG.
#WpA #Issue #Failure #Admin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jake_Caddes

HI @itbriosclu, unfortunately this is a common issue. There have been discussions about changing the UI in the future to make it more user friendly and to help users abandon failed uploads themselves. When this happens again I suggest raising a ticket with customer support to have them request the file to be abandoned. I'll pass along the feedback above to the product team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kunaal_Bhagani
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We raised this with MS as well. What's frustrating is that the process stalls and you cant do anything until MS rolls back things. 

We asked if there is a way to make it so it only commits changes if there are no issues i.e. make the validation more robust. Or maybe if we have a test environment to test things first before applying to prod. More time consuming and possibly costly. 

The biggest issue is sometimes if the changes are half done, no one can use the tool until its fixed. I worry when I have to load org data for the entire org. 

Dazza
Contributor II
Contributor II

Jumping on this thread - while we don't have an error, we do see the "Missing organizational data" message - even though some of the listed people ARE on our upload file...

Jake_Caddes

HI @itbriosclu, unfortunately this is a common issue. There have been discussions about changing the UI in the future to make it more user friendly and to help users abandon failed uploads themselves. When this happens again I suggest raising a ticket with customer support to have them request the file to be abandoned. I'll pass along the feedback above to the product team.