Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifying meeting hour value

felipe_archila
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

My colleagues and I were trying to reconcile the Audio minutes in Teams Admin Center with the meeting hours within Advanced Insights, and I wanted to clarify how meeting hours are calculated / retrieved.

Is it just the scheduled length of the meeting in Outlook? i.e. I have a 1-hour block, which is a Teams meeting, during which my team and I spoke for 45 minutes (we ended early!). Within Teams admin center, I would suspect all our audio time would appear as 45:00, but would that meeting appear in my corresponding Person query as 1 meeting hour? Corollary to that, in the Meeting query, attendee meeting hours would be 1 hour * # of attendees?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jake_Caddes

Hi @felipe_archila, I can't speak to the Teams Admin Center but here is the definition of how meeting hours are calculated within Advanced Insights: Number of hours the person spent in meetings with at least one other person during and outside of working hours.

If the meeting was on the employees' calendars for 1 hour and both accepted and attended it would register in the Person Query as 1 meeting hour. 

Attendee meeting hours would be 1 hour * # of attendees, yes that is correct. Here is the definition of attendee meeting hours: Total number of adjusted meeting hours for all attendees.
meeting query focuses on the meeting as the main entity and reports on the various meeting attributes; a person query looks from a person's perspective and aggregates multiple meetings for the selected time period. Because the two query types have different purposes, their output also differs.

You can also refer to this document: Metric definitions | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jake_Caddes

Hi @felipe_archila, I can't speak to the Teams Admin Center but here is the definition of how meeting hours are calculated within Advanced Insights: Number of hours the person spent in meetings with at least one other person during and outside of working hours.

If the meeting was on the employees' calendars for 1 hour and both accepted and attended it would register in the Person Query as 1 meeting hour. 

Attendee meeting hours would be 1 hour * # of attendees, yes that is correct. Here is the definition of attendee meeting hours: Total number of adjusted meeting hours for all attendees.
meeting query focuses on the meeting as the main entity and reports on the various meeting attributes; a person query looks from a person's perspective and aggregates multiple meetings for the selected time period. Because the two query types have different purposes, their output also differs.

You can also refer to this document: Metric definitions | Microsoft Docs

Hi @Jake_Caddes , this is massively helpful. Just one point of clarification: when you say "both accepted and attended", if it was an in-person meeting with no Teams component, would accepting and not canceling count as having attended?

Thanks!

Yes I believe so, any meeting on an employee's calendar that they accept factors into the metrics surrounding meetings.