HELP ... need to undestand the links between in Teams insights tab & Workplace analytics

LauAprt
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

The more I learn about Insights the more it is confused. 

I am following the 2 courses that are really great but the thing is : only workplace analytics is deeply presented and not clearly the "my team tab" or "my org tab" inside teams. 

So the answers I am looking for right now are : 

- What are the links between the 9 tiles in Workplace analytics and the data we see inside the Teams app ? 

- When we click on "view recommended plan" inside teams, does it get to workplace analytics ? 

- What are exactly the 9 tiles inside my org insights teams app & the 9 tiles in workplace analytics ? 

Thanks for helping 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dazza
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @LauAprt !

I do not blame you for the confusion! I believe that it stems from Workplace Analytics being re-branded to Viva Insights, with Viva Insights incorporating much of what was only available in the backend, to the "front-end" ie. Teams. 

So in answer to your questions above:

1. It is exactly the same data and information - in Teams it may have slightly different tile names, but this still uses the same underlying data with the same best practices and the same opportunity areas. 

2. The plans in the Teams Viva Insights app does not link/relate to "Plans" in the current Workplace Analytics portal. The intention of the Plans in Teams is to empower any person, team leader or manager with the ability to setup a plan for their specified team, not necessarily linked to their AD org structure. What I do not know is, when someone is a part of a WpA Plan, can they enrol in a Teams plan? I suppose that can be tested to determine. 

3. I believe I may have answered this question in answer 1, but in essence these 9 tiles represent the top areas of interest based on the research conducted when Workplace Analytics was deployed. Clicking on "Learn more" or the {info} icons next to tile titles takes you to links with interesting information based on that tiles core message. If this is not the answer you're looking for, please reply so we can address it properly 😁

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dazza
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @LauAprt !

I do not blame you for the confusion! I believe that it stems from Workplace Analytics being re-branded to Viva Insights, with Viva Insights incorporating much of what was only available in the backend, to the "front-end" ie. Teams. 

So in answer to your questions above:

1. It is exactly the same data and information - in Teams it may have slightly different tile names, but this still uses the same underlying data with the same best practices and the same opportunity areas. 

2. The plans in the Teams Viva Insights app does not link/relate to "Plans" in the current Workplace Analytics portal. The intention of the Plans in Teams is to empower any person, team leader or manager with the ability to setup a plan for their specified team, not necessarily linked to their AD org structure. What I do not know is, when someone is a part of a WpA Plan, can they enrol in a Teams plan? I suppose that can be tested to determine. 

3. I believe I may have answered this question in answer 1, but in essence these 9 tiles represent the top areas of interest based on the research conducted when Workplace Analytics was deployed. Clicking on "Learn more" or the {info} icons next to tile titles takes you to links with interesting information based on that tiles core message. If this is not the answer you're looking for, please reply so we can address it properly 😁