Personal Viva Insights - Retention Policy

Metodi_Zoykov
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the retention policy for Personal Viva Insights and how to change it? 

1. I found this here:    By default, Viva Insights initially collects, processes, and retains 13 months' worth of data

2. Then I raised a ticket to MS Support asking about how to change the retention policy and got this link:

Create and configure retention policies to automatically retain or delete content - Microsoft 365 Co...

3. We tried to follow the steps and create retention policy for Personal Viva Insights, but in M365 compliance center we do not see how we can choose Viva Insights only from the app list as it is not there. 

4. Raised a ticket asking Microsoft Support how to change it, about the exact steps, but they are struggling to provide me with a clear answer. According to them the 1st link is for Advance Viva Insights and I still get no update on what is the retention policy for Personal Viva Insights and how to change it?

Many Thanks,

Metodi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dazza
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Metodi_Zoykov!

According to my understanding, there is no retention policy for Personal Viva Insights data. This data is only accessible by the individual themselves via the MyAnalytics/Viva Insights dashboard, and provides insights based on the past 4 weeks rolling. The individual is unable to amend this date range. 

I believe that this is by design, and assists in maintaining differential privacy as per this article - Differential privacy in Viva Insights | Microsoft Docs. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dazza
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Metodi_Zoykov!

According to my understanding, there is no retention policy for Personal Viva Insights data. This data is only accessible by the individual themselves via the MyAnalytics/Viva Insights dashboard, and provides insights based on the past 4 weeks rolling. The individual is unable to amend this date range. 

I believe that this is by design, and assists in maintaining differential privacy as per this article - Differential privacy in Viva Insights | Microsoft Docs. 

Hope that helps!