Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways of Working Power BI issue

Imran_Thobani
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey everyone,

I'm running into an issue loading the Ways of Working Assessment PowerBI template, so I thought I'd reach out to this community to see if anyone has come across an easy fix or recommendation. I'm sure it's a user error on my part, but I can't seem to find what I've missed or messed up. 

When loading the Ways of working assessment and Standard meeting queries into PowerBI, I hit the following errors:

"The column 'Subject' specified in the 'SUMMARIZE' function was not found in the input table. The column 'Subject' specified in the 'SUMMARIZE' function was not found in the input table."

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. ( )."

Any thoughts around what might be causing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jake_Caddes

Hi @Imran_Thobani, yes this is a common error message I have seen before. Most likely the issue is coming from your PowerBI credentials.

Here is a quick step by step guide on how to fix this: 

• If you were not prompted to sign in with your organizational account while setting up the dashboard and Power BI fails to load the data, follow these steps to clear existing permissions:

1. In Power BI, open the Transform data menu, and select Data source settings.
    2. Select Global permissions, select https://workplaceanalytics.office.com, and then select Clear permissions.
    3. Select Delete.
    4. Close Power BI and follow the set up instructions for the applicable dashboard.
  • If you are signed in with the wrong organizational account, you'll get an error when loading the data with the template. To fix it, follow these steps:

2. Select Global permissions, select https://workplaceanalytics.office.com, and then select Edit permissions.
    3. For Credentials, select Edit.
    4. In the OData feed dialog box, select Organizational account, and then select Sign in or Sign in as a different user.
    5. Select the account that you use to sign in to Workplace Analytics, enter the password, and then when prompted in OData feed, select Save.
    6. In Edit Permissions, select OK, and then close the Data source settings window.
    7. Close Power BI and follow the set up instructions in Set up the dashboard for the applicable dashboard.

Here is documentation on how to trouble shoot this: Power BI tips, troubleshooting, and FAQ | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jake_Caddes

Hi @Imran_Thobani, yes this is a common error message I have seen before. Most likely the issue is coming from your PowerBI credentials.

Here is a quick step by step guide on how to fix this: 

• If you were not prompted to sign in with your organizational account while setting up the dashboard and Power BI fails to load the data, follow these steps to clear existing permissions:

2. Select Global permissions, select https://workplaceanalytics.office.com, and then select Clear permissions.
    3. Select Delete.
    4. Close Power BI and follow the set up instructions for the applicable dashboard.
  • If you are signed in with the wrong organizational account, you'll get an error when loading the data with the template. To fix it, follow these steps:

2. Select Global permissions, select https://workplaceanalytics.office.com, and then select Edit permissions.
    3. For Credentials, select Edit.
    4. In the OData feed dialog box, select Organizational account, and then select Sign in or Sign in as a different user.
    5. Select the account that you use to sign in to Workplace Analytics, enter the password, and then when prompted in OData feed, select Save.
    6. In Edit Permissions, select OK, and then close the Data source settings window.
    7. Close Power BI and follow the set up instructions in Set up the dashboard for the applicable dashboard.

Here is documentation on how to trouble shoot this: Power BI tips, troubleshooting, and FAQ | Microsoft Docs

Thanks Jake.

Looks like the issue was due to being signed into the wrong organizational account. Appreciate the help!