cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData $filter support on query link?

felipe_archila
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if the typical OData $filter is supposed to work on the query links? I have a pretty broad Meeting query that covers some basic data from the last 12 months, and rather than having filters on the query itself, I wanted to see if that query would be the full dataset and use an OData $filter to filter the data I'd like when using the OData connector in Power BI based on the requirements for the report. I've found that getting the unfiltered data in PBI, especially for meetings, is extremely time-consuming because it doesn't come already summarized.

However, when I try something like this, I still only get the full set, unfiltered:

.../jobsodata/{query_id}/Meeting?$filter=value/Organizer_Work_Country eq 'Australia'

What I'd really like, ultimately, is to filter on StartTime where the year is the current year (2022), but the filter didn't work on that either.

Is there a different way to go about this, other than applying filters at the query stage? I'm hoping not to have to create a new query for every possible combination of filter our analysts can think of..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jake_Caddes

Hi @felipe_archila Thanks for the question, the functionality that you are looking for from the OData Connector will never support that type of filtering. However, we are currently working on enhancements to our PowerBI connector that will support filtering for Date columns. I'll pass this idea/question along to our product team. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jake_Caddes

Hi @felipe_archila Thanks for the question, the functionality that you are looking for from the OData Connector will never support that type of filtering. However, we are currently working on enhancements to our PowerBI connector that will support filtering for Date columns. I'll pass this idea/question along to our product team.