Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Validate After-hour Meeting Hours

Sandy_Zou
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Hope you are doing well! 

I found some overwhelming after-hour meeting hours examples. Can I ask if the method I used to validate the data here is correct? Or if there is anything else I can use to validate the data in after-hour meeting hours?

I used the Ways of Working Assessment file to see people's exact after-hour meeting hours and picked some extreme examples. Then I went to the Person to Group query excel file to see if their meeting hours match the meeting hours shown in the Ways of Working Assessment file since I assume the Person to Group query shows more details on who employees are having meeting with. However, my sampled examples don't have matched meeting hours between these two files. I wonder why the person to group query doesn't have the same meeting hours shown in the Ways of Working Assessment file? I understand there might be some discrepancies between these two query calculations, however, there are a lot differences in my examples. 

Thanks! 

Sandy 

3 REPLIES 3

Lucas_Hogner
Viva Insights PM
Viva Insights PM

Hi @Sandy_Zou, can you share an example of the validation you are trying to do? As I understand it, you are comparing the Ways of working assessment query, which is a Person query, with a Person to group query. In a Person query, you can analyze data from the point of view of each individual. In a Person to group query, you can understand how an individual invests their time with others in the organization. Person to group queries use time allocation. Here is an overview of time allocation.

Here is an example of how you can compare data in both types of queries.

Person query

PersonIdDateMeeting_hoursOrganization
PersonA1/30/202212Finance

Person to group query, assuming you chose to group collaborators by Region

PersonIdOrganizationCollaborators_RegionDateMeeting_hours
PersonAFinanceNorth America1/30/20228
PersonAFinanceEMEA1/30/20223
PersonAFinanceAsia1/30/20221

If you take the output of the Person to group query and you sum meeting hours for each PersonId and Date, you will get the same numbers as you get in the Person query. In our example above, PersonA spent a total of 12 hours in meetings the week of January 30th, 2022. Out of those 12 hours, 8 were spent with folks in North America, 3 with folks in EMEA, and 1 with folks in Asia.

Hi @Lucas_Hogner ,

Thanks for your reply! 

Yes, I did follow the steps you mentioned above to validate the data. 

I used the Person query to identify the user with overwhelming after-hour meeting hours on a specific week. Then I filter the user for that specific the week and sum up the meeting hours in Person to Group Query to compare with the number I got from the Person query. In my testing cases, they have pretty big discrepancies and maybe I missed some steps in the validation process. I am happy to set up a brief call to provide more details if needed.

Below is an example of how I compare data in both types of queries.

Person query

PersonIdDateMeeting_hoursOrganization
PersonA1/30/202262Finance

Person to group query, I group by the Date 

PersonIdOrganizationDateMeeting_hours
PersonAFinance1/26/20222
PersonAFinance1/24/20221
PersonAFinance1/28/20221

Thanks! 

Sandy

Jeff_Kotz
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Not query related, per se, but making sure your employees are configured correctly for their designated working hours is part of our standard onboarding. Just a thought if you dove into analysis without the right hygiene (having been there ourselves).